Department: LQT Industries, LLC
Reports To: Foreman, Superintendent, Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Summary: Provides HVAC services with specific responsibility to identify repair and/or replacement needs. Installs, repairs, maintains and upgrades HVAC systems and equipment. Performs preventive maintenance and routine service of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The most important and essential job function of this position is attitude and includes the following: getting along with co-workers, responding politely to corporate clients and members of the community, working as a team member, functioning appropriately under pressure, responding in a positive manner to supervision, and maintaining inter-office confidentiality.
- Identifies defects, and installs, repairs and maintains heating, ventilating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning units.
- Operates specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Calibrates systems.
- Inspects HVAC systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Installs heating and air-conditioning equipment and systems.
- Maintains tools and equipment to ensure availability in safe operating condition.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of HVAC systems as needed.
- Repairs heating and air-conditioning systems and/or components.
- Requests equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Works independently with little direction.
- Follows oral and written instructions.
- Meets schedules and time lines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or its equivalent (GED); two years’ experience in HVAC maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certificates or licenses of field competency are highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation associated with using computers and office machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.